Shatavari is a plant used in Ayurveda as a medicine. It is found almost everywhere in India, it has a sweet and bitter taste. It helps in controlling Pitta Dosha.
Traditionally Shatavari has been used as medicine for women to treat infertility, miscarriage, and menopausal problems.
Men also can be treated for impotence, inflammation of the reproductive organ, etc.
General use of Shatavari is stomach ulcers, bronchial infections, dysentery, and hyper acidity.
Benefits of Shatavari
• Hormonal balance
• A healthy female reproductive system
• Healthy levels of breast milk production
• Soothing effect on the digestive tract
• Easy movement of bowels
• Moisturizing support of the respiratory tract
• Supports the immune system
• Natural antioxidant properties
How to Use
Shatavari can be taken in the form of powder, tablet or liquid extract.
The powder can be taken along with a glass of warm milk, the amount could be 1/2 teaspoon or as suggested by the physician.
Tablets are available at stores and can be easily taken as prescribed.